Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Within yourself.

Why are people so needy?

We all have our moments, right? Those moments when we feel like we, on our own, aren't good enough so we need someone to make us feel...like us, but an improved version of ourselves; "Yes, I'm fine on my own, but when I'm with *insert name here* I'm twenty-times more fun, likable, easy-going, etc."  But, how does it get to the point where that need is doing a two-step along the line separating it from being clingy. I mean, how much neediness is acceptable before we aren't confident enough to be on our own.

Don't get me wrong, having friends that bring out the best in you is great. I know for a fact that when I'm around my bestie I feel like an enhanced version of myself. But what startled me recently is that I realized that I wasn't sure how to tap into that same feeling when he wasn't around. How do I get there without him by my side? Do I need to find someone else to help me? Do I just face the fact that I can't be as good as I can be?

No. We need to snap out of this mindset. You don't need someone to make you the best you that you can be. It's inside of us. The other person is just a placebo. You are a party within yourself. The other person is just decoration. They make you look better, yes, but when you take them away, you're still a blast to be around. So let it show.




No comments:

Post a Comment