Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Be more of an adult.

Why do I have to live with the most inconsiderate people on Earth?....

Okay, maybe they aren't the most inconsiderate people on Earth, but I'm sure they'd be in the top 20. Screaming, stomping, blasting music on Sunday night? Knowing they have a roommate that needs sleep because of classes tomorrow. The sensible thinking side of me says they are just childish and don't have an understanding of the world around them or how their actions effect others. However, the more paranoid side of me (which is the side that runs this blog) thinks it's all revenge.

See, me and my roommates aren't on the best of terms. Scratch that; me and one of my roommates aren't on the best of terms. The other two are just too spineless and unable to think on high level for themselves to do things on their own merits. The overall story on why we aren't that cool anymore is pretty simple. She wants an apology for something she did to me because she didn't like my reaction. Hmm... The more and more I think about it, the more I get content with my decision to not apologize. It's not a pride thing, really, even though it may seem that way. This unfriendship has been months in the making, and the most recent situation was just the last straw. And quite frankly, I'm tired of being the only one making strives to make things better. Last time I checked, I wasn't in a friendship with myself. So why should only one person put in all the effort to make something work?

That's why I decided to just walk away. I'm not sure if she's still expecting an apology from me. I kind of feel bad if she is, because it's not happening. I do still plan to be cordial. Even though she's not cordial with me (i.e., ignoring me whenever I talk to her, pretending I don't exist). One of my New Year's Resolutions was to be more of an adult. That means letting go of high school behaviors. Stop being catty and vengeful. And just move on when the situation calls.

It's hard, I know. When I was in high school, I was so pumped to leave and get older. But when you get into the swing of things, it's hard to venture out of that comfort zone. But I'm going to do it. No matter how hard it is, because I made a promise to myself. And, when no one else wants to be, I'm always there for me. So I can't let me down.

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand this. I had a huge fallout with my roommate in college, and then with all my friends when I graduated and they hadn't yet. It was mainly one girl and they all couldn't stand up under the pressure.

    You'll be better off without her/them, but in the meantime it totally sucks having to live with them!!! xo
    Ps. Thanks for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete