Pages

Saturday, June 8, 2013

What goes up...

Things in my life have taken a harsh plunge south. It's almost as though I should have known better since this past week has been so positive. Like the saying goes, "What goes up, must come down."

I have to learn how to cope with the idea of someone very close to me giving up on me. I've made great strides to impress and please them, but throughout the years it has never been enough. When I alter something in my life to satisfy their vision of what they want of me, there is always something else I do that they hate. It's frustrating and tiresome. Putting my happiness on the back burner for someone who has their eye on something they believe is better. So blinded by my flaws and shortcomings that they fail to see the successes that greatly outnumber them. I want so badly to shake them and say, "Every rose has a thorn." The rosebush does a great job of concealing them, but once you pick one in all it's beauty the thorns become all the more visible. The grass next door is greener not because in naturally grows that way, but because the owner of the lawn gets out there and waters it, manicures it, feeds it. He works with the grass in it's natural state, flaws and all, and makes it better. To make it shine.

It's been hard for me to even come on here and write about it. But if I've learned anything from this person it's to be strong and unwavering. The ground I'm walking on isn't solid, but I'll keep marching forward as if it is. Because I know that my time will come. I'm young. The world is still very open for me, and I won't take that for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment